Did you know that there were approximately 1.32 billion online buyers in 2014, which rose to about 1.66 by the end of the year 2017? The number of online buyers is still increasing, and they are expected to reach a mark of about 2.14 billion by the end of 2021.
Considering these statistics, it’s clear that in the coming years, online markets will decide the future of many businesses. So, if you want to stay in the game, you have to invest in effective ecommerce practices. You have to create a website, develop marketing strategies, and take steps that can help you to attain traffic.
However, there are some key elements that will need special attention. These are the part of ecommerce that will have a direct effect on your growth and conversion rates.
This post will focus precisely on these critical aspects and the tricks to leverage them. Have a look:
Employ Both On-Page And Off-Page SEO Practices
The ranking of your website on the search engine result list has a significant effect on the click-through rates of your ecommerce business. Therefore, you have to ensure that your website meets the search engine requirement and acquire a high ranking in its database. The following pointers are something that you can consider for attaining your goal:
- Creating quality guest posting and blogs for your site
- Ensure that all the internal and external links are functional
- Conduct audits, and keep up with the competitors
- Write short and precise descriptions with proper Meta for your web content
- Optimize the content for different screen sizes
- Focus on latest technologies like voice searches and more
- Target local landing pages and searches to know customer choices
- Invest in multiple marketing platforms
- Use video platforms like YouTube for diverting traffic
- Invest in small and secure URLs
Create Highly Responsive Landing pages
A landing page is a type of webpage that is created for the sole purpose of attracting potential customers. They are distinct from the other pages on the website and enable you to create a better focal point for the online traffic. They also remove the distraction from the website and present only the most relevant data, which, in turn, display a clear message to the customer and ease the decision-making process.
Further, you can use landing page software to increase the conversion rate of your website. So, if you want to gain traffic on your website and attain higher conversion rates, creating quality landing pages are a must.
Some of the things that you can do to make the pages highly responsive are as following.
- Try placing more than one call-to-action button on the page
- Provide precise, straightforward and informative content on the page
- Try to avoid multiple offers on the same page
- Consider using high contrasting colors
- Use scarcity techniques to create a sense of urgency and increase engagement
- Keep testing the engagement rates and updating the page according to it
Use User-Friendly Website Interface
The advanced SEO strategies and landing pages software will help you to redirect the online traffic to your site, and from there, it’s all up to your web design. If the design manages to grab their attention, they will stay else; they will leave the site and may never return.
Therefore, try to create an informative and appealing homepage. Add only the most interesting element and try to make it simple to navigate, clutter-free, focused, and consistent.
Further, you also have to make sure that the web design is optimized for multiple devices and has ideal loading times for them. Some of the other things that you should consider for a robust user interface are:
- Provide quick navigation button to reduce the hassle
- Follow the trending features like video embedded home pages
- Always provide contact information and about the business
- Provide a section with informative posts related to your services
- Consider using compression to lower the data transfer for loading the pages
- If possible integrate the page with social media platforms
- Prefer using faces to cover emotion and make the page more relative
Apart from the above tricks, you can also visit some leading ecommerce sites like Amazon, eBay, and Shopify to check out the designs features they are adopting.
You should also focus on the color scheme, fonts, and text sizes you use. A home page has to maintain color contrast and decent text size so that the reader doesn’t have a problem in viewing the data. Moreover, make sure that you provide your contact on the homepage. A study by Komarketing reveals that 44% of the online user will leave a website if there is no contact information or phone number on it.
Consider Visual Content Over Text
When a shopper visits a brick and mortar store, he/she has the product in physical form. However, in case of an ecommerce, they have to depend upon the website site. It means that you have to pay special attention to the product images you use on your website. You can also consider making an investment in 360 pictures and tutorial videos for enhanced traffic. They are more indulging and quick expressing than texts.
Another good thing about the visuals is that they have excellent sharing rates on social media platforms. So, it can help you to generate loyal customer, spread the word about your services, and enhance your market images. It will also attract more users-generate content and attain reliable influential marketing.
Take Action For Improving Customer Retention
Marketing and promotion is an excellent way to acquire customer, but if you want to attain high conversion rates, you have to invest in customer retention too. The customer who has shopped with you will be familiar with your services, so he/she will not need much convincing.
Moreover, as the bond between your ecommerce and the customer gets strong, he/she will also like to speak of your services, recommend it, and even share about it on their social media account. In the long term, this promotion will increase traffic on your website and enhance your conversion rates.
The following are some must suggestion that will help you to increase the retention rates of your business:
- Use customer account to find the preference of every customer
- Consider sending personalized emails with offers and discount to your existing consumers
- Work on your customer support system
- Consider on customer locality program and locality discount
- Analyze the retention rates and solve the issues which hinder it
Additionally, you can also invest in quality software to track customer activities and use it to present a more personalized experience for them.
Moreover, you should stay open to the customer feedback and take responsibility for any occurring problem. It will make them feel more valued and hence encourage loyalty.
The Final Words
Improving the website, enhancing customer experience, and ensuring full value for every investment is the key to attain success in the ecommerce world.
So, analyze your ecommerce, find the things that don’t align with the latest trends of the above-described factor, and employ the strategies to improve them. It is the only way to beat the competition and stay ahead in ecommerce.