One thing is for sure, and that is that boots do not get out of fashion. Both men and women tend to have an immense preference for boots. They can be paired with various kinds of apparels along with accessories, providing a range of different looks, from bohemian to rugged. There are many kinds of boots available in the market these days. However, Ugg boots are quite the popular ones, especially due to their ‘stylish looks and unmatchable comfort.
It is important to take good care of your Ugg boots. Just like any other exclusive and expensive item, these boots also require special treatment. If you take proper care of them, they can last for many years. In this regard, you can follow the below tips to know how to take care of these sheepskin ugg boots.
Things You Must Not Do with These Boots
Although a majority of fashion-conscious people love sheepskin Ugg boots, very often they ignorantly manhandle these boots. This can cost them a lot. This is why it is important to know how to treat them properly. There are a couple of things which you must not do with your boots at any cost.
- In case your sheepskin made ugg boots remain soaked in water or melted snow for too long then it can certainly get damaged. The water can make your boots appear out of shape and weaken the same entirely. So, try to keep them dry as far as possible.
- Extreme heat may ruin the color of the boots by fading it. The heat also may ruin the sheepskin material, turning it brittle and dry. This is why it is important not to place the boots directly under the sunlight or close to a room heater.
- At the time of cleaning your boots, it is important to avoid direct application of the cleaning materials upon the boots. It is better to take a piece of cloth or sponge, dip it into the solution and then clean the boots. Otherwise, the chemicals might stain the boots.
- It is better to avoid wearing ugg boots to places where you have to undergo lots of activities which may add scratches or scuff to the boots or cause them to get dirty. If you are going for camping or hiking to a mountain destination and through a muddy, rough road, there’s a chance that these boots would get damaged.
How to Protect Your Sheepskin Ugg Boots
Just like there are things not to do, there are some points which you need to do for the sake of your sheepskin ugg boots. Some of these are below.
- Right after you take your boots out of the packing box, just wipe them with a wet cloth. This will prevent the boots from getting any kind of initial stain.
- In general, stiff, hard or wire brushes have the tendency to leave scratches on the surface of the boots while cleaning. This is why it is important to use brushes with soft bristles.
- In case of drying the boots, it is important to let them dry completely, especially before you store them. If you to store the semi damp boots inside, mold is quote likely to form on the surface, which in turn can cause damage.
- Wearing clean socks with boots is quite a good way to prevent odours. Apart from that, a mixture of homemade baking soda powder, corn flour and a couple of drops of essential oil can do work really well to suppress any kind of odour.
- Use plain and clean paper or towel to maintain the shape of your boots. All you have to do is to stuff the paper or towel ball inside the boots.
- It is important to get a regular cleaning treatment from the professional service centre. It is always better to depend on experienced and skilled people after all.
Follow these easy tips to maintain your sheepskin ugg boots in great condition for years.