As bloggers, we all want our articles to appear on the first page of every search engine; especially Google. Our goal is to not only appear on the first page but also at the top. With such an achievement, you’re guaranteed of massive traffic on your website since most customers tend to click on the first links. There is a perception that the first website to appear on engine searches carries the most productive answer to our queries. To appear on the first page, you need to apply SEO tactics in your website.
Google changes features all the time. To attract more traffic, an individual has to keep up with these changes. One of the most common features is the featured snippet. This is a small box that appears below your keyed words. The box displays a sizeable number of words giving a reader a quick paraphrase of what to expect in that website.
The featured snippet can be a table, a list or a paragraph. In reality, this is not even the number one link; it is actually at position 0, way ahead of rank one. Who wouldn’t want having their website in this position anyway? Whether it is content writing or PDF files, getting to this position is not a guarantee. There is no sure method. However, optimizing your pages can get you there. Try these methods.
1. Answer questions
The primary purpose of creating the featured snippet was to help customers to access information fast. This means that maintaining a customer is Google’s priority. If your website does not answer the customer’s queries, it will never get featured there. Before working on our article or PDF file, always consider whether it is answering the question. An example of titles is “how to…” “Tips to…” and many more. If you save your work as “PDF files” it will not get featured there since it does not answer the question. Consider using the title “tips on how to optimize your PDF files”; there is a very high likelihood of this article getting featured as a snippet. Always remember that one word can make a big difference.
2. Get the right questions to answer
To tackle this problem, always find out the type of queries to expect from customers. In most instances, customers will still type questions. A very substantial number writes down statements. We are all victims of starting our search process with ‘how to,’ ‘what is,’ ‘why do,’ and the likes. The moment you work on your keywords, consider including these question terms. To work ahead of your competitors, always use the Organic Search Results to help you find out what they use often. Carefully break down their titles to get a perfect one for you. However, never plagiarize anyone’s work.
3. Never go past the optimal words
For your article, always remain concise and direct to the point. Looking at all the featured snippets, we can conclude that it features around 40-50 words. If you decide to work on paragraphs or lists, work on one at a time since Google picks one section utmost.
If you decide to have your content posted in the form of a PDF file, always optimize them to make it as small as possible. Here is how;
On the file menu, you can choose to select one of the following-
- Reduced size
- Reduced size and print ready
- In this option, click on the ‘show details’ to work on issues such as;
- Resample images- the type of compression you want for your image.
- Interactive content- get rid of any content that may not excite the reader.
- Document content- after working on the interactive content, you can further remove material that is not required.
- Remove bookmarks
- Remove file attachments- after removing them; the file will decrease in size and remain viable too.
- Remove any embedded thumbnails- the purpose of thumbnails is to help in distinguishing one file from the other. Removing them does not change the file content.
- Get rid of named destinations- though they assist in the navigation of files, they are not as important.
- Remove unused links-any links, or extra content can be removed at this point to make the file as small as possible
- Optimize the file to save all the changes.
Besides having optimized your PDF file, you should pay attention to the inside content. If the content is poorly done, the optimization will not guarantee you a featured snippet. Optimizing your PDF is very easy since the step is laid out for you. The best thing to do is to maximize your page before compressing it into a PDF.
For more information, visit: https://serpbook.com/blog/rank-tracking/