The dominance of human is a severe concern because humans do not take good care of the environment but consistently destroys it instead. Day to day human activities include burning of fossil fuel, deforestation, industrial production, and much more.
Because of such harmful activities, our planet continues to change because of human’s modern lifestyle, and it causes global warming which is destructive not just to the environment, but to the quality of our life as well.
- 1 How to Prevent Global Warming?
- 2 How is the Solar Energy Valuable in Our Daily Life?
- 3 Can Solar Energy Run Your Home?
- 4 Some Benefits of Solar Power for Your Residence
- 5 Lighting for Indoors and Outdoors
- 6 Your Private Water Heater
- 7 For Heating Your Pool
- 8 For Home Ventilation
- 9 Exceptional Features of Solar Technology
How to Prevent Global Warming?
On the bright side, there are solutions to stop global warming, and it only needs the powers of the government to push through. Solutions to reduce global warming include decreasing gasoline, recycling, and the stop of burning of garbages.
Another way to minimize the environmental destruction is through utilizing our natural resources such as the solar energy to reduce the burning of fossil fuel which is convenient and applicable to our day to day living.
How is the Solar Energy Valuable in Our Daily Life?
The utilization of energy coming from the heat of the sun is not that popular to at least half of the population yet. However, it does not mean that you cannot benefit from it.
The most popular utilization of energy coming from the sun includes things that need drying and of course providing the crops with sunlight which is significant in the agricultural sector, but there is more to it.
Many institutions now propose charging stations which are solar-powered to let you utilize the energy of the sun to power up your electronic devices such as smartphones, laptop and much more. When you have these devices, you can now recharge them without harming our nature.
Can Solar Energy Run Your Home?
It is easy for the utilization of solar power can provide our home with sufficient power particularly to big houses with a tremendous need for electricity.
If you have the eagerness to upgrade, you can utilize the technology of solar panel to provide power. But how does the solar energy turn into power for your house?
- The installed solar panels will collect the radiation coming from the sun.
- The solar panels will generate direct current(DC) the moment that radiation of the sun hit it.
- An inverter will change the direct current(DC) to an alternating current(AC), and the energy can now run the appliances and other household functions.
- The aforementioned alternating current(AC) will be transmitted through the switchboard of the house to provide electricity.
- If it happens that there is an excess power, the energy is now exported to the electrical grid or will be in the battery storage linked to the system waiting for the right utilization to come.
- If a situation happens when there is not enough solar to provide power to the house, the stored electricity will be imported to produce power.
Some Benefits of Solar Power for Your Residence
Our home needs electricity to make it functional. However, every device that requires energy would also mean more burden to our nature. With the creation of solar technology, we can now provide our homes with a natural and renewable source of power without relying on the burning of fossil fuels.
Lighting for Indoors and Outdoors
Providing your house with proper lighting is to grant vision and access to everything inside the household. With the production of LED lighting, your home can have the adequate source of illumination with a minimized power consumption.
These tiny lights can connect through a charged battery system powered by sunlight within the day and batteries along the night. The time the sun shines, the battery charger will load up the backup battery and have the lighting function. During the evening, the batteries will start to generate and supply the lighting for the sun is not yet evident.
Outdoor lighting produces our house with a welcoming demeanor which makes our friends or visitors feel like they are home. With the use of solar lighting, the solar panels will charge the batteries in the day and will operate at night.
Your Private Water Heater
You connect your water heater to the panels. By doing so, you will have the advantage of taking a hot and warm shower in your house during the winter season and in the situation of a power outage.
The proper installation of the heater may need the help or assistance of a professional to make it completely safe and fully functional. The utilization of water heater that is solar-powered will provide you the benefit to save more money for the times to come and more pleasurable bathing time.
For Heating Your Pool
A solar pool heating system consists of a solar collector. The system can be either solar panels made up of tubes where water pass through the pump, filter and then to the solar collector warmed by the sun before being returned to the pool.
Swimming pools are one of the many enjoyments you can indulge particularly during summer. Plus you will have the benefit of having the exact water temperature you desire. Every person likes to swim and jump into the pool unless it is too cold.
For Home Ventilation
Electric fans are standards in every household to deliver air inside the house for comfort, moisture, and for warding off a terrible smell.
For sure, several electric fans running simultaneously every day, for we need to use the fans to keep our body cool or to beat off the offensive air inside our house. Also, by using solar technology to run your fans, you will be sure to have a great cooling system that is not only economical but nature-friendly as well.
Exceptional Features of Solar Technology
- Independent and consistent power source. During regular days, we know that the sun will rise and set every day. We can predict the weather and of course the sunlight, so it is easy to know when power will be abundant to take advantage of it.
- Solar panels are durable. Most of the solar panels will last for at least two decades or around 25 years. During that span of time, the solar panels have already provided us with countless amounts of electricity.
- Low maintenance. Panels require minimal maintenance. It only requires annual cleaning and maintenance to keep them in excellent working condition.
Global warming is a serious concern, and we should start using renewable and natural sources of energy to help reduce the permanent and harmful effects of global warming and to take good care of the earth, and the utilization of solar technology is a great way to start everything.