Imagine a typical kitchen that is designed to deal with all the food and mess- drawers full of buggies and plastic wraps, a pile of disposable sponges, rolls of paper towels, cupboards bursting with plastic containers and more.
Furthermore, there are a lot of expendable items in the Kitchen that lead to waste. But it doesn’t have to be so! You can use durable, kitchen products that are eco-friendly and offer less waste. Here’s a rundown of some:
Swap Plastic Bags With:
- Reusable Food Storage Bags: Reusable mesh produce bags and food-safe nylon, the reusable bags are available in different sizes, shapes. They are easy to use, can be kept in the freezer, and can be used to store veggies and other items. Keep your garden produces items and other groceries in them and maintain the freshness of every item.
- Produce Bags: These are lightweight mesh bags that can be used for shopping as well as storing food items. Besides keeping kitchen supplies, they can be the best storage bags for keeping kids toys and other supplies.
- Silicon Storage Bags: These are self-sealing, airtight bags that are made from the safe silicon material. Moreover, they are transparent, which means you can clearly see what’s stored in them.
- Linen Bags: These are the natural bags made from linen, which is an anti-microbial. Store bread in it and you will find it crusty and fresh, even after many days.
Exchange Paper Towels With Reusable Ones:
- Reusable Paper Towels: Also popular as unwrap towels, these towels come with absorbent cotton terry cloth to one side and impressive prints to others. Put them in a roll or fold them in a drawer, the choice is yours.
- Microfiber Towels: These are absorbent kitchen towels that dry out quickly. Use them in the kitchen to minimize the risk of mildew and bacteria build-up.
- Napkins Made Of Cloth: Cloth napkins are easy to use and are more convenient than paper. Also, they offer less wastage and are simple to use.
Interchange Plastic Lids With:
- Reusable Covers: Made from high-grade food safe laminated cotton and elastic edges, the plastic wrap covers can be used to cover anything with ease. They are easy to use, quite convenient and are machine washable as well.
- Bee’s Wraps: Covered with the Beeswax, these organic sheets of cotton material are ideal for covering things with ease. Just put them over the food, bowl or plate and roll them around. The warmth of your hands will easily mold the sheet around your food.
Swap Cheap Sponges With:
- Nylon Pot Scrubbers: Bring out the nylon made pot scrubber and use it to clean dishes. Weave them into a cut flower shape to make them look impressive and interesting. In fact, the best part about using these scrubbers is that they don’t put any scratch and can be washed safely in the dishwasher.
- Scouring Pads Made From Wool: Made from 100% virgin, undyed wool, these scouring pads are safe and effective for utensils made of cast iron, stainless steel, and glass.
- Reusable Kitchen Sponges: Also called as unsponge and made from the terry cloth and cotton fabric, they are easy to clean. Moreover, you can easily throw them in the machine when dirty. And the best part, they will not store and mildew and bacteria.
Swap Disposable Straws With:
- Stainless Steel Ones: Stainless steel straws are disposable, durable, and come with an extra wide opening to enjoy smoothies.
- Glass Straws: They are crystal clear straws that make sipping and gulping drink one of the most pleasant experiences.
Plastic Containers With Glass And Stainless Steels:
- Glass Containers: These are easy to carry, safer than plastic and are made from high-grade glass that will not affect the quality of the food. Moreover, you can clearly see what’s inside the container. Just make sure to remove lids before putting them in microwave and dishwasher.
- Stainless Containers: Stainless-steel is non-toxic, light-weight, and leakproof containers that are ideal for carrying lunches and other snacks. While they are not micro-safe, you can use them in the dishwasher. Just pick the one that is airtight and comes in your favorite shape (round or square), and they are good to store items.
Now that you know how you can easily swap the most used kitchen items with the reusable ones try them in your kitchen and save money in the longer run!