Enterprises are always looking for a tech solution that uplifts excellence in business. Java has become a highly valuable platform for organizations to realize business values and get the most return on investment.
These days, organizations are adopting the Java platform and app development to drive innovation, lower costs and boost services in programming language for enterprise engineering and architecture. A Java development company has an enthusiastic team of professionals skilled in the different technologies of Java, as well as frameworks like J2EE, J2SE, J2ME and JavaFX as well as experienced in the delivery of high-loaded enterprise solutions to compact programs across small, medium and big organizations.
THE DEMAND FOR JAVA SKILLS IN 2019
The tech numbers grow and Java skills are in great demand this year. The number of jobs advertised in the UK tech sector grew by 12 percent last year, one of the fastest across the UK industries. Furthermore, advertised salaries in the sector grew by 1.5 percent last year alone, with advertised salaries for some roles rising as much as 9 percent since the beginning of 2017.
The most in-demand skills seem to be Java developers that experienced a 9 percent growth in salary. This year, the demand for Java skills and Java programmer jobs are increasing, instead of shrinking. Large multi-nationals tend to prefer Java. There is a finite pool of skilled developers and there are more jobs than there are individuals available to do the work. Along with the use of Java in writing Android applications, the programming language remains a good choice for someone who is starting out as a developer or programmer.
THE DEMAND FOR JAVA PROGRAMMERS
Java is often requested in job postings for software architects, engineers and DevOps engineers. The number of tech employment opportunities for developers who are skilled in Java is expected to grow by 12 percent by 2024, which would lead to more and more jobs available to IT pros looking to get into the space. With the number of technology positions in biomedical engineering, web development, cyber-security and analysis expected to exponentially grow within the next year, one could find the competition to acquire a skilled candidate harder than they think.
JAVA STILL REIGNS SUPREME
Java has been the number one or two of the most popular languages since its inception in the mid 90’s. Majority of the largest companies in the world use Java for building desktop apps as well as backend web systems. There are several factors that make Java very popular, such as the following.
- Scalability. Java is made with scalability in mind, thus it is very popular among scaling startups and enterprises. Since Java is a statically-typed language, it is easier to maintain and aster with less bugs. Also, its backwards compatible, meaning that old versions of the language could still perfectly run even after the release of new versions. This is a huge relief for business organizations that otherwise would worry on rewriting code each time a new version comes.
- Portability. Thanks to the platform –agnostic JVM or Java Virtual Machine and of course the Java programmer software, the platform could run on almost every system. Also, Java is the most popular language of Android, thus the vast majority of Android applications are created in Java.
- Big community. Java’s popularity helps ensure its future popularity, thanks to the big community of users. With massive GitHub and Stack Overflow communities, developers could find help on just about any problem that they could encounter. Along with its portability, developers know that investing in the language would pay dividends for a very long time.
- Impressive collection of open source libraries. Open source libraries recommend that Java must be used everywhere. Google, Apache and other major world class organization contributed many great libraries that make Java development faster, effortless and cost effective.
- Documentation support. Javadocs is a wonderful piece of documentation that explains a lot things about Java API. Javadoc has made learning smoother and provides an amazing reference while coding in the platform.
- Free of cost. Everybody loves free things. Cost is an integral factor in terms of programming. From the start, Java is free, there is no need to purchase anything to build Java applications. Java being free also helps the language to become very popular, not just among individual programmers but among big organizations as well.
Strong employment opportunities are expected for developers of Java, as well as Java skills. The demand for Java skills is expected to grow more in the years to come. Java developers in 2017 earned a median salary of $72, 936, which is of course expected to rise with the growing demand this year. Today is the best time to learn the programming language, not just for more income opportunities, but also to be on the competitive edge.