Treatment of brain cancer is one of the most difficult tasks in medicine. That is why it is so important to develop and apply new methods for the treatment of oncology. Thanks to the development of medical tourism, patients with brain tumors are able to undergo treatment in foreign clinics.
To date, there are a number of modern clinics where you can receive treatment for stage 4 brain tumor in such countries as Turkey, Germany, and Korea. Over the years, these countries have demonstrated a high level of medical services.
At present, doctors do not agree on what exactly causes the development of brain tumors. Oncologists identify the following risk factors:
- The older we get, the higher the chance of developing oncology is. Most often, brain tumors are found in children under 11 years of age or in people over 65.
- Immune system disorders. The immune system is responsible for antitumor protection. Therefore, in the case of its malfunctioning, the risks of cancer development increase.
- Brain injuries may cause a pathological mutation of brain cells, which may lead to tumor development.
- Viral and bacterial diseases may also increase the risks of brain tumor development due to causing mutations in the DNA of brain cells.
Clinical manifestations of brain tumors are one of the most serious among all types of oncology. The more advanced the stage of the brain tumor is, the more manifestations will occur. This is due to the direct pressure of the tumor on brain tissue, or dysfunction of brain structures. The most common manifestations:
- Severe headaches.
- Hearing or vision disorders.
- Movement and sensitivity disorders.
The first thing you should do if you notice one or more of these symptoms is to see a doctor. You should not postpone visiting a doctor. The earlier the disease is diagnosed, the easier it is to treat it.
Early diagnostics of oncology includes regular medical checkups. After all, the earlier oncology is diagnosed, the more chances for a full recovery are. Foreign clinics have modern equipment to diagnose all types of tumors at an early stage. The most effective are:
- Magnetic resonance imaging of the brain is a key method in diagnosis making. It allows assessing the tumor localization, determining its size and shape.
- Ultrasound examination allows determining the size and localization of tumors. In addition, it is easier to perform and more cost-effective.
- Tissue biopsy. With the help of this method, a doctor can detect the presence of cancer cells in brain tissue or exclude the diagnosis.
Brain tumors treatment is one of the most difficult tasks in the sphere of oncology. As a rule, brain tumors are treated with surgery, radiation therapy, and chemotherapy.
However, in certain cases, the usual radiation therapy and chemotherapy may be replaced by a more effective method of oncology treatment – CyberKnife.
CyberKnife technology allows delivering the required dose of radiation to the tumor with maximum accuracy and safety, without damaging the surrounding organs and tissues.
Under the influence of radiation, the tumor cells stop dividing and die, and the tumor shrinks gradually. The use of this method increases the efficiency of stage 4 brain tumor treatment by 25%.
Benefits of CyberKnife
The CyberKnife System is the world’s first and unique robotic radiosurgical system designed for non-invasive treatment of tumors of any localization. As a rule, surgical removal of such tumors is most often impossible. Therefore, CyberKnife technology is used, which has a huge number of advantages compared to conventional surgery:
- This method is more effective in the treatment of metastatic brain tumors than most conventional methods.
- The procedure has fewer contraindications compared to the surgery.
- The procedure is painless.
- The procedure is more safe compared to the surgery.
- With the CyberKnife System, it is possible to treat tumors in the hard-to-reach regions.
- Treatment with this method is quick and takes only about an hour.
How to undergo treatment in foreign clinics?
Today, it is easy to undergo brain cancer treatment in foreign clinics. All you need to do is to contact a medical tourism operator Booking Health. The company has been cooperating with the best world clinics for many years and offers low prices for treatment.
With the help of Booking Health, you can undergo specialized and complex treatment abroad at affordable prices. Moreover, during your treatment, you will be able to forget about all problems, as Booking Health takes care of all aspects of the medical trip.
Booking Health will do everything possible to make your treatment as comfortable as possible. The specialists of the company will choose the best clinic, as well as organize a transfer from the airport. Detailed information about hospitals and treatment methods you can find on Booking Health website.