Shower pods are one of the bathroom amenities that are widely popular nowadays. If you’re planning to get one for your home, read on to know more about shower pods and the reasons why you should get one.
- Lowerscost of water bills. Taking a dip in the bathtub requires you to fill up the tub and rinse off afterwards the remnants of bath bombs and bubble bath left on your body, which is not an efficient way of using water. With a shower pod, there is less water usage, making it cost and time efficient because it won’t take that much time for you to finish your shower; you won’t have a whole tub to fill up with water.
- Elderly and child-friendly. Shower pods are safer, unlike bathtubs which can be quite dangerous if you have kids and elders around the house.With a bathtub that usually stands at 14 to 20 inches above the ground, stepping onto its slippery surface poses a lot of danger.
- Needs very little maintenance. The beauty of shower pods is their compatibility with today’s fast-paced lifestyle. They don’t need the usual maintenance that other luxury bathroom amenities demand to function. You can enter, take a shower, rinse off and go. You don’t need to come back later in the day to clean the built-up mess. Everything is easily washed off down the drain, so you just need to clean it, say, once a week.
- Does not require a lot of space. For those who live in a small space and do not have the luxury of having a spacious bathroom, a shower pod can still be an option because it can easily fit into small spaces.With the wide variety of sizes, you can easily spot a shower pod that will suit your home and needs. Do take note however that the usual shower pod will have dimensions of 80×80 inches and a height requirement of 2 metres.
- Easy to install. As long as you follow the plumbing system of your home, installing a shower pod can be very simple; most times, you won’t need to hire an expert to help with the work.However, if you plan on redoing the whole plumbing of your bathroom, it is still best to hire a professional to help you with the proper layout.
- Easier to sell your house. Shower pods will not increase the value of your house as much as luxury bathtubs that make houses attractive to a wide range of people with higher budgets for buying a property.Without the additional cost of luxury living, it will beeasier to sell your house in the future.
- Protects the bathroom floor from flooding. Entering a wet slippery bathroom is a hazard for many people; that’s why giving the shower area its own space can be beneficial as it lowers the risk of accidents such as slipping on the bathroom’s wet tiled floor.
These are the reasons why getting a shower pod can be beneficial for you.