The Employee Provident Fund was setup up in the year 1952 with a view to help the citizens to save up for their retirement.
Types of Withdrawals
- PF final settlement
- PF partial withdrawal
- Pension withdrawal benefit
Individuals can make the above types of withdrawals from the EPFO member portal if they have seeded their Aadhaar with their UAN.
Here are some of the latest things you need to know about PF withdrawal forms:
- Withdrawals made before a period of 5 years of continuous service are subjected to tax and are otherwise tax free.
- If an individual is unemployed or terminated by his employer because of some health issues, withdrawals do not attract any tax.
- Funds that have been transferred from one PF account to invest in NPS does not attract tax on withdrawal.
- If an employee moves form one job to another and if in this process if he/she has different PF accounts, then this will be considered as a continuous service as long as there is no gap in the PF contributions.
- Employees can make use of Composite clam forms in order to make a partial withdrawal or final settlement.
PF withdrawal procedure
Subscribers can now make a partial or a complete withdrawal of their PF without an attestation of their employer by simply seeding his/her Aadhaar card details.
Reasons for withdrawal of PF
- Individual has reached the retirement age.
- Medical expenses.
- Educational or wedding expense.
- Unemployment, etc.
Requirement for PF withdrawal
In order to ensure a seamless withdrawal, follow the following steps:
- The applicant needs to ensure that their mobile number has been linked to their PF account as well as their UAN is active.
- Aadhaar card details have been linked with the PF account.
- Bank details for the purpose of reimbursement have been submitted such as the banks account details and IFSC code.
- Members will have to submit their PAN details if the individual wants to settle his/her PF account prior completion of 5 years.
How to apply for an online PF withdrawal?
Subscribers can apply for an online PF withdrawal via the EPFO member portal by following the steps mentioned below.
- First, visit the EPFO portal.
- Login into your EPFO member portal by means of your UAN and password or alternatively by registering your mobile number or details of your Aadhaar card.
- Select the ‘For Employees’ tab.
- Choose the ‘Manage’ tab and ensure your KYC details are correct.
- Next, select the ‘Online Service’ tab and continue with the withdrawal process.
- Click the ‘Claim’ option from the drop down menu.
- Select the ‘Proceed to claim’ option if one’s KYC and PF details are correct.
- In the ‘I want to apply for’ option, select the kind of withdrawal you desire- partial withdrawal, final settlement, pension withdrawal, etc.
- Once you tick mark the kind of claim you wish to make you will need to fill in the composite claim forms and verify the transaction using your Aadhaar card details.
- Subsequently, you will receive an OTP on your registered mobile number.
- Once your claim for a final settlement or withdrawal has been made, you can track your PF withdrawal status by simply clicking on the ‘track claim’ option.