Here is an easy way for you with the help of it you can find out that who is using or stealing your images! Do that with the help of reverse image search? You can use this platform to further enquire that who is using your already published images without taking a proper authorization from your side.
All these images which you have created on your social media sites and websites as well as for your marketing activities- they are your official and personal intellectual property. No one has this right to loot or plagiarize these images without taking a valid consent.
By employing this tool, you can easily track that how your images were being used and where they have been published! Not only this, the amended and modified version of your images can be traced.
How one can use reverse image searching technique?
This Google reverse image search option is available on a large number of browsers. If you are using Chrome 5+ or internet explorer 9+ or Safari 5+ or if you are using Firefox 4+, you can use this definite method to keep a complete check that no one pirate or borrow your images without taking a consent from your end.
Four ways of using reverse image searching technique
- By drag and drop method, you can reach to the final evidence and point that whether some digital website is using your image without your approval or not! Just drag and drop a particular image to the image search box of Google.
- By uploading an image, you can track the same process. You have to click on that camera icon which is present in the Google image search. Select the option “upload an image” tab. Then you can choose the specific file image which you want to be searched.
- To track that whether your images have been amended by some other site, you can search for the image URL. You have to click right there on the camera icon. Choose the tab which states “paste image URL” tab. Paste the particular URL of that image which needs to be traced.
- Simply, you can also right-click on any of the images present on the internet. And select the option which defines, “Search Google for this image”. This is how similar images checker process is carried out.
Can this method be used on a mobile phone?
Yes, for sure! This method can be used with mobile phones too. Download the Chrome app if you have an Android phone, iPhone or iPad. Tap on the image so that you can see the larger and bigger version of it. Keep on holding that image. After some time, a box will appear on the screen of your mobile phone. Tap on that box and Google will search that image for you.
Google’s Reverse Image Search tool in a Nutshell terms
- In 2001, this most and extremely comprehensive image search technique was introduced in the web world. Initially, it offered access to about 250 million pages. But currently, this number and access amount have grown on an exponential basis. It is its easy usability which makes this method prefer
- It is free to use. Just simple four ways are mentioned for you and you can investigate and simply track the status of your images which are used without your approval.
Why to use such tools?
- On a serious note, it is important to use such tools so that you can protect this intellectual property of yours. Stealing image from some other website without receiving an authorization from that person, this is what we call infringement and breach of intellectual property. To stand among in the zone of your competitors, you should not allow anyone to pirate your images.
- Insightful results are also generated by image lookup So use any of the popular tools and trace that who is illegally using your images.
- As there are uncountable reasons to use these reverse image searching engine tools. Suppose you are into the photography profession and you want to keep the complete check that who else is using your images without your authorization. For that case, these tools are made! If you are interested in knowing about this answer that who else has been using your pictures take from Instagram or Facebook, then only these platforms can give you genuine results.
What kind of outcomes are generated?
Likewise, we have a photo lookup tool, there are basically four results which are generated by these specific tools:
- When you are going to search for an image, then the first result option will come in the form of additional sizes. Like how far your searched image is available in the additional sizes which are used by other digital websites.
- The user will get these results as well that which sites have published the modified version of their authorized image. Some of the websites will not use your image in an exact way. Instead, they will amend it and transform that image in their own personal version.
- Some of the results will show you visually similar kind of images. This is the third result option which you will get! This result category will show up the list of visually alike and indistinguishable images.
- Then fourth result option will show and display you the list of websites which have published your images. This is a serious theft. And this last result option will give you clear results that which are those A to Z platforms which have been using your images on their personal sites. So when are you going to check copied images?
While working in the digital marketing world, you have to rely on these reverse image searching tools so that you can track down all unauthorized stolen product images which are used by your competitors. Always run an image inspection and complete audit regularly. And use these tools often so that you can know who is that creepy admirer who is carbon-copying your images!