As per reports, the cost of living for a student in Brisbane can range from 1000 AUD to 3000 AUD depending on accommodation and other expenses. Thus, it is highly imperative to pay attention to the highest cost of living; the rent.
If you’re moving to Brisbane to attend university, finding accommodation can seem daunting. With so many options available for students, it’s hard to know where to start!
In this blog post, you will be provided with six tips that will help make the process easier and less stressful. Keep reading for valuable advice on finding the perfect university accommodation in Brisbane.
Type of Student Accommodation in Brisbane
There are a few different types of student accommodation and each has its benefits. Here are some of the most popular options:
On-site accommodations are usually the most convenient option as it is located close to your university. However, it can be more expensive and competitive to get into.
Off-Campus Student Apartments
These are becoming more popular as they offer more independence and privacy than on-campus accommodation. They are usually located close to public transport and other amenities.
This is an excellent option if you want to experience life with a local family. You will have your bedroom but share common areas such as the kitchen and living room.
Tips To Find the Right Student Accommodation
Brisbane is a large and vibrant city, offering students plenty of options for finding accommodation. Whether you’re looking for a shared apartment, private room, or even a studio, there’s something for everyone.
Here are the six tips to help you find the perfect student accommodation in Brisbane:
- Start your search early: It would be better to start looking for accommodation earlier. This will give you more time to compare different options and find something that suits your needs and budget.
- Do your research: It’s essential to do your research before committing to any accommodation. Make sure to read reviews, compare prices, and check the location to ensure it’s suitable for you.
- Think about your budget: University can be expensive, so it’s crucial to consider your budget when choosing accommodation. There are numerous affordable options available, so you don’t have to cross your budget.
- Choose a location wisely: Depending on your lifestyle, you may want to choose a place close to campus or the city. If you like to party, you might want to be closer to the nightlife. However, if you prefer a more relaxed environment, plenty of suburbs offer peaceful surroundings.
- Consider your needs: It’s essential to think about what you need in an accommodation. If you are a light sleeper, you might want to choose a place that is further away from the city. Alternatively, if you have any special requirements, find a place that can accommodate them.
- Talk to other students: One of the best ways to find information about accommodation is to talk to other students. They will be able to offer first-hand advice and recommendations based on their own experiences.
Cost of Student Accommodation in Brisbane
The cost will vary depending on the accommodation you choose. Shared apartments and rooms are usually the most affordable option, followed by private studios and apartments.
Here is a breakdown of average weekly costs for each type of accommodation:
- Shared room: $150 – $250
- Private room: $200 – $350
- Studio: $250 – $450
- Apartment: $300 – $550
Hence, there is a wide range of prices to choose from. It’s important to find accommodation that suits your needs and budget. Also, check if your student loan or financial aid covers the cost of housing.
Finding student accommodation doesn’t have to be complicated! By following these tips, you’ll find a place in Brisbane that is perfect for you. Good luck with your search!