Adults who understand how to increase human growth hormone levels can improve the quality of their life. HGH is one of, if not the most important hormone in the body. Its influence extends to cell reproduction, immunity, metabolism, heart health, brain functions, libido, appearance, and more.
The tiny pituitary gland is the production house for HGH. Although stimulated by hormonal signals, there are also ways you can increase human growth hormone levels. The steps you take today may improve your health and well-being for many years and decades to come.
Why should you concern yourself with ways to increase human growth hormone levels naturally? After all, you can just contact a doctor for supplemental HGH like you would estrogen or testosterone. Yes, natural, bioidentical hormone therapy is an excellent option once you have a growth hormone deficiency. If symptoms of HGH decline are standing in the way of your happiness and productivity, then medical treatment is the right choice. More about medical treatment you can read here: https://www.kingsbergmedical.com/growth-hormone-deficiency-treatment
However, what if you could prevent or slow the need for medical intervention? There are steps you can take right now to improve growth hormone production, including:
- Exercise – high-intensity interval training
- Lose Weight – body fat increases HGH decline
- Change Your Diet – what you eat can influence growth hormone levels
- Intermittent Fasting – helps stimulate HGH secretion
- Get More Sleep – lack of sleep reduced growth hormone output
- Try Supplements – some natural supplements aid HGH production
The Impact of Exercise on Human Growth Hormone and What Works Best
Exercise is good for the heart, muscles, bones, circulation, and weight. However, not all exercise is created equally. Some forms of exercise are better than others – depending on the type of hormone you aim to affect. When you want to increase human growth hormone, exercise wrong, and you will have the opposite effect.
What type of exercises works best to increase human growth hormone?
The number one method of working out for maximum HGH boosting is high-intensity interval training. If you are not sure what that means, we will explain.
High-intensity means you are performing the exercise at your maximum ability. The goal of working out at high-intensity is to get to the point where you are breathing heavy and working up a sweat. However, because we mention the interval, you do not engage in this activity non-stop.
Interval training means you move from one activity to another. An added benefit of high-intensity interval training is that it is performed for a brief time. Do not expect to engage in one hour or more of exercise. That is not how this works.
For how to increase human growth hormone naturally through proper interval training, utilize one of these two options:
- Choose an aerobic activity of your choice, such as running, swimming, jumping rope, etc. Spend two minutes performing the activity at a moderate pace, and then engage in a high-intensity interval of the activity for 20 to 30 seconds. Repeat the process for a total duration of 20 to 30 minutes – no longer. This is the best way to use exercise to boost HGH production.
- Perform a weight-training routine of your choice. Alternate from one exercise to another, performing one set of 8 to 12 movements before switching to another exercise. Do not rest in between exercises. After completing three sets of the two alternating exercises, move on to two other exercises. Again, make this a short, thirty-minute workout.
Weight or resistance training without rest significantly increases growth hormone levels. Resting between exercises will not provide that benefit.
Diet, Fasting, Sleep, and the Human Growth Hormone Connection
Very simply – the more belly fat you have, the higher the risk you will have low HGH levels. If you want to increase human growth hormone production, start by losing weight.
We know that weight loss can be difficult for some people. Whether you eat three meals a day, three meals with two snacks, or six small meals, you may have a tough time burning fat. Your body is used to your way of eating. It is time to switch things up a bit.
That is why one of the best ways for how to increase human growth hormone is intermittent fasting. There are multiple approaches to this, and you may have to try a few before finding the one that works for you. The best options in intermittent fasting include:
- Consuming all food between noon and 6 pm – nothing before or after. Eating during a six-hour window helps put your body in a state of ketosis so that it is forced to burn stored fat for energy. Another option in this category is extending the eating window until 8 pm. Just make sure you are going at least 16 hours without eating.
- The next option is eating regularly for two or three days, then cutting back to only 500 – 600 calories for one day. Repeat this throughout the week.
- The final option that helps reduce weight and increase growth hormone levels is to skip an entire day of eating once or twice a week.
Each of these methods can help to boost HGH while also lowering insulin levels. You can actually experience a boost of human growth hormone production up to 300% through intermittent fasting.
Dietary choices are the next issue. Sugar is the enemy of hormones. When you consume sugar, as well as refined carbohydrates, your insulin levels increase to help the cells process the extra glucose in the bloodstream. Too much insulin desensitizes the cells to the effects of glucose. That leads to weight gain and low HGH levels. Incorporate more low-fat protein, vegetables, fruits, nuts, and heart-healthy fats into your daily diet.
While we are on diet, avoid eating before bedtime, especially foods high in carbohydrates or protein. Late night snacking can raise insulin levels which will inhibit HGH production while you sleep.
That brings us to sleep. Human growth hormone release occurs in pulses – a burst of secretion once every three to five hours. At night, the pulses occur when you are in slow-wave sleep. Tuning into your body’s natural circadian rhythm by going to bet no later than 11 pm is the best way to optimize sleep. The largest bursts of HGH occur before midnight. Getting less than 7 hours of sleep significantly reduces growth hormone production.
Can Natural Supplements Boost Human Growth Hormone?
Some supplements can help increase human growth hormone naturally. The trick is in knowing how to use them and when to take them.
Human growth hormone is an amino acid polypeptide protein. Certain amino acid supplements can help enhance human growth hormone production, such as:
- Arginine – the trick here is that arginine does not boost HGH when taken in conjunction with exercise. However, when taking arginine on its own at a dosage of 15 to 20 grams per day, HGH levels increase as much as 60% during sleep.
- GABA – the effects of GABA are short-term, but any increase in HGH levels is beneficial for the body. Unlike arginine, GABA works well with exercise but performs even better at rest.
Although not an amino acid, melatonin supplements can help you sleep when taken 30 minutes before bed. Begin with a 1 to 2 mg dose for starters, working your way up to no more than 5 mg. Melatonin will improve sleep to aid in human growth hormone production.
Some people looking for how to increase human growth hormone with supplements have also had luck with creatine, glutamine, and ornithine. Trial and error will help you decide what works best for you.
If, however, you already suffer from symptoms associated with growth hormone deficiency, please contact our hormone clinic. Our medical wellness advisors are available for free consultations to help you determine the best way to boost your hormone levels.